Friday, October 25, 2013

The Enemy is coming!

Been a long while since I posted here last. Things have been mad round here for the last year or so, but I am getting back in the saddle.
A while back now I decided I wanted to do my version of Vac-Man and possibly some of the good guys from said toy line, and with that I got started.


Initial concept head sketch:


Sculpting began:


On to the body and sketching as I tinkered:


Then the sculpt was ready to go a while later:




And finally on to the cast:



Honestly I spent a long time just trying to decide whether or not to cast him at all, this weekend I went for it. Vac-Man was one of my favorites, and that holds true today.
Will be playing with colors and generally getting a handle on all that soon.

For those unfamiliar with Vac-Man, the figure came with a "vacuum pump" with which you sucked the air out of the body, and the material inside gave him a horrid bumpy/bubbly skin texture, which also allowed for stretching and poses that held until you pressed the switch to refill him with air.

Cast in a vibrant orange and painted with acrylics and chalks, this version is dubbed the classic colorway.


Coming this Sunday Oct 27th at 6pm pacific time! The enemy returns. Classic edition painted run only 5 to be available at this time!
There will be additional one offs and what not so keep your eyes peeled!
More info tomorrow including pictures and price!

No comments:

Post a Comment